Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wurst, Walls and Warzones

This could only mean Berlin! Well ok, I think it is a lot more happening in Summer. I happened to be there in Winter, on a Sunday so I can't blame Berlin for not living up to expectations. But I did get to touch the Berlin wall and buy a broken brick back :D I also went to Checkpoint Charlie which was the furthest American outpost, just along where the berlin wall was.
You can still see the sign telling you that you are leaving American territory. I was told that during the cold war, that was where the Russian and American tanks were positioned pointed as each other.

At about this point, Vishnu, Gabriel and I were freezing our butts off so we decided to go in search of a Hardrock Cafe so that Gabriel can expand his shirt collection and we could sit down for a good German pint. A tad bit uneventful for a last destination, but it was laid back and relaxed, I think we all appreciated that.

No comments:

Post a Comment