Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The nervewrecking trip back to Stockholm

God always always comes through for me, even in the most desperate of situations. Like yesterday night when I got to Copenhagen at 6pm, I found out my 9pm train to Stockholm got canceled and there is only a 4:03am one. It was freezing outside - since I was already in Scandinavia - and the train station closes at 1am. Which means Gabriel and I would be stuck out in the cold for 3 hours. Plus I had already booked a hostel in Stockholm for the night which meant loosing $23 euros in addition to loosing my toes. I wrote an email to the hostel in Stockholm explaining the situation hoping they will not bill me for the first night in case they were the compassionate kind :s

So began the mad search online at a 2euro per hour internet kiosk for a hostel at walking distance as we would have to walk back to the station at 3:45am. Everything we found was booked and overpriced. And everything that was affordable and nearby was fully booked. So I prayed. And we found another website with the same hostel listings and guess what, the cheap and 3-min-away hostel we wanted, had room! More than enough room! In just 2 mins....however that happened I do not know, but I am sincerely thankful.

We we walked over, slept for a good few hours and caught our 4:03 am train. Im now in Stockholm in my lovely hostel called city lodge. Can guess what, they are the compassionate kind. They said that even though it is their practice to do so, they didn't bill me for the first night. God is so good :)

I have two full days of rest, last min gift buying and packing then its full speed ahead to sunny skies and warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment