Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's in Beautiful Berne

Its 31st December and although its sad to be away from home for the New Year's celebrations, I can't complain as I spent the day surrounded by the magnificent Swiss alps in the Interlaken area, less than an hour away from Berne. After checking out the city center of Berne we made our way to Interlaken by train. I really love how the Swiss cottages and towns look like they belong in some toy museum, everything is so pretty and quaint. I kept expecting to see a giant hand come down from the sky to rearrange things or scatter a few more cottages around.


The journey from Berne to Interlaken was the nicest ever, in terms of how scenic the route was. Vishnu, Gabriel and I were ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the snow-capped mountains the entire time. It was so beautiful and Vishnu commented that God has to be living on one of those mountains. Hahaha :) When we got to Interlaken, we were all awestruck by the majesty of the towering mountains in the distance that just loomed over the ground and peaked through the clouds. It must be so amazing to live in a place that immersed in such natural beauty. I wonder if the locals who live in the towns around the foot of the mountains are still amazed by the vision that greets them everyday.

Well I have no idea what we are gonna do for the new year celebrations, but I do know that tomorrow morning we move on to another great capital - Germany's very own Munich.

Can't quite get over how beautiful Switzerland is. I wonder if God likes some of his landscape design creations better than others? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment